Back to School
How's the back to school transition going? We've compiled what we've learned from Girl Group and created our back to school guide for your kiddos and for you.
8 Ways To Help Ease Your Child’s Back to School Transition
- Create a consistent morning & bedtime ritual.
- Set up an area for homework with all needed materials. Create a routine and stick to it.
- Encourage independence: ask kids to pick out their own clothes, make their own breakfast or set their own homework time.
- Pack school lunches the night before. (Or encourage your kids to pack them!)
- Set clear boundaries around screen time. Retire screens at least one hour before bed.
- Promote assertiveness: ask them to introduce themselves to their teachers & find out a few facts about him or her.
- Encourage your children to make new friends.
- Plan a weekend adventure so you both have something to look forward to.
8 Ways You Can Take Care of Yourself During Back To School
- Sit still.
- Make a daily plan to do one thing just for you.
- Schedule your own playdates. See an old friend or have a phone chat.
- Get outside.
- Make a meal plan for the week.
- Serve breakfast for dinner.
- Try taking a day off driving. Check into carpools and public transportation.
- Stay off social media for an hour or even one whole day.
With love & support,
Tanya and Wesley